Pages

7.27.2010

jr ring

Last weekend our Aunty and Uncle from Thousand Oaks, CA stopped by on their way to Lodi and brought our mini Aussie puppy a present - the JR Ring.  Of course, Dash had a "toygasm".
At first Papa and I said, "Uh oh.  Dash will chew through this toy overnight!"  Thankfully, we were wrong.  We've had it for almost five days now and it is still surviving.  My favorite thing about it is the disc shape.  Dash and I have spent the last few nights playing catch with it, and I think it's really helping him to master the concept of catching the disc in mid air (rather than letting it roll along the ground first).  I'm guessing it's because the toy is soft and he can catch it in his mouth without knocking his teeth against it.

Once in a while he catches the toy flipped upwards so it covers his eyes, which is so adorable when he walks around blinded!  For some reason he prefers to catch it using the hole in the middle, not the outer edge.  Shrug.  At least he's entertained.

Thanks Aunty and Uncle!

2 comments:

  1. That was sweet of them to bring him a gift! Bandit's frisbee training has been with a soft disc called a Flippy Flopper. We do need to graduate him to a more standard type of disc, and I have heard (and read) that there are some soft, pliable discs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!
    We've been rolling a plush frisbee along the ground for Kirby to go for- he LOVES it. It's so fun reading about people training their dogs to be disc dogs! :) I know Kong makes a rubber frisbee, and I have a "chuck-it" frisbee that floats in the water for when Kirbs gets a little older. Fun! I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.