Since we moved from Hawaii to San Francisco, Papa Dash and I have tried our best to make the most of our Bay Area experience. One of the things we've always been meaning to do was walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. I often laugh to myself at all the crazy tourists trying to get their Golden Gate Bridge experience despite the frequent cold, wind and fog. But, that's exactly what we're trying to avoid! Becoming complacent and taking our beautiful city for granted!
So one fine August afternoon Papa Dash and I decided to finally take the journey across the bridge. I'll spare you all the scenic shots, but basically it was warm, sunny, and just awesome. Now I understand why all the tourists flock to this landmark. When you stare up at the towers and all the wires, it's incredible to think that mortal men built this wonder, and people all around the world recognize these bright red arches. Even Dash enjoyed it (probably from all the oohs and ahhs he got from the passersby).
The one really interesting thing I learned that day: more people have
committed suicide at the Golden Gate Bridge than anywhere else in the
country. There are even crisis phones lining the walkway as a last resource. To understand more fully, Papa Dash and I rented "The Bridge",
a tragic documentary by Eric Steel. Sadness and disbelief - that's all
I can say. It's hard to think such an iconic and monumental structure
could also be a beacon for so many lost souls...

