Pages

12.12.2009

can i pet your dog?

It wasn't until we got Dash that I fully realized how annoying it can be when you're trying to have lunch outside a cafe and 20 people stop to ask, "Can I pet your dog?"  I was totally one of those people before Dash. There could be a dog three blocks away lying under a table and I would walk all the way over to compliment them and ask to pet their cute dog. Never again.

My friends have told me I should be appreciative people think so highly of my adorable puppy that they gravitate towards our table to smother him with affection.  If people would just pet Dash and ask one question that might be fine.  But they ALWAYS ask the exact same laundry list of questions.  At one point we almost had a shirt made up so Dash could just wear the answers on his back.  Yes he's cute, but sometimes I just want to eat my meal in peace.

Plus, I think Dash is getting a little big-headed.  Now when someone doesn't stop to fawn over him he turns around as they walk by, almost as if saying, "Hey!  Not even a glance?  But I'm the cutest puppy you've ever seen!  Sheesh."