Pages

8.28.2010

china camp

A few weeks ago we took a risk and packed our camping gear without a reservation.  Luckily there was one open site at China Camp, right across the Golden Gate Bridge!  This big guy (I assume he was a guy based on his deep bark) was watching over the campground check-in for his owners.  I thought it was a hilarious sight to see his authoritative looking stare over the counter.  He looks so human like!
The China Camp area, like most places, did not have dog friendly hiking trails.  It's okay though.  We went on a photo excursion along the side of the road.  Papa enjoyed the opportunity to learn more about the different settings on his camera.
Later Papa and I improvised and scrambled up the side of a hill to get a better view of the bay.  Coincidentally... the hill had a trail on it.  :)  There was lots of beautiful marsh areas with really interesting curvy lines.  And, we came right around the time of year when this weird orange stuff grows on the plants giving the landscape a bright tinge.
Here's Dash back at our camp site helping Papa set up the camera for more practice shots.  Of course, our mini Aussie kept making circles around the tripod with his leash and tangling himself around the legs.
Even with the delays Dash caused, we still got some fun night shots...  Not to mention the funny midnight intruder story that happened later that night!  LOL

4 comments:

  1. Woo. Sounds like fun. Glad you had a good time, even with Dash getting himself tangled up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, cool night shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the light shot! Very cool.

    Soooo... I was just noticing on your sidebar that Dash weighs 20 pounds. Kirby weighed in at 21 pounds at the vet last week... he's not 4 months yet. Yikes.

    Glad you had fun camping! I'm glad the camera survived getting tangled up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! I love the dog at the desk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.