Please keep those affected by the San Bruno fires in your thoughts and prayers tonight. The TV footage is like something out of the movies, with a funnel of
flames shooting into the sky and smoke billowing everywhere. One man
who was interviewed said he barely didn't make it. After negotiating
past a stuck garage door and a burning car in his driveway, he drove through the fire and out to safety as his tail lights melted off. It's just insane.
I cannot even imagine what it would be like to go to work as usual then come home to discover my entire neighborhood was on fire, or to be any of the brave professionals coming to their aid. This is one of those moments that seriously makes my heart stop. It makes me 1,000 times more grateful for the love of family and friends, for the warmth of the sleeping puppy beside me, and for a strong, safe roof over my head. Over 50 families have nothing more than the clothes on their backs right now. Their houses are completely burnt to the ground. What if they had a dog at home like I would have???
You can count on our prayers.
ReplyDeleteMaterial things can be replaced as we learned when my family lost our home in an earthquake.
I will pray for the people and their pets. Health is everything.
~Sandy
PS. I'm glad Ryker brought a smile to your face
We have been watching the coverage and praying for all those affected.
ReplyDeleteEmma Rose and the Duchess