Pages

4.24.2010

utter destruction

Do you remember that Sesame Street song/game, "One of these things is not like the other..."  When we come home from work it's always a toss up as to what our mini Aussie puppy will have done this time.  By the looks of this picture, there appears to be something missing from our table...
OH MY GOODNESS, DASH!!!  This isn't even our plant.  This is our roommate's ficus tree, which is now gnawed and uprooted, with its pot completely void of all dirt and stones.  My first thought was, will the plant be salvageable?  Can I re-pot it and make it live again?  As you can imagine, there was dirt EVERYWHERE.  Papa Dash and I took a long deep breath and tried to focus on the cleanup.
We swept, and vacuumed, and wiped down the entire living room.  I think it took about 45 minutes or an hour to get it spotless.  Our roommate usually gets home really late so we thought we had ample time to clean up and "remove the incriminating evidence".  Unfortunately for us, he came home early!  We were caught red-handed (or perhaps red-pawed would be more appropriate).  He was, of course, very understanding of the situation.  We are SO lucky to have such a great roomie!  I bought more potting soil and and did what I could to save the plant, but it has been touch and go.  The leaves are all slowly falling off now, and when I chopped off one stem there was no green in the center.  I think it may be a goner... :(

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I didn't think you could post comments on your blog!! YAy I figured it out!!
    I LOVE your blog!! You have the funniest stuff with Dash!!!
    We are happy you are back to blogging!
    Looks like Dash causes quite the destruction..
    We don't give Ace the chance to cause destruction...he stays in his crate when we are out...I can't imagine what he would get into if he wasn't...
    One thing that he does do, he likes to herd me around and will nip the back of my legs...so now...all of my sweatpants have mini holes in them and I feel like a vagabond when I go out wearing them...time for some pants...*sigh*
    Hope your wedding plans are going well! When is the big day?? Is Dash going to be included?
    =) Ace & Family

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.